Tuesday, December 12, 2006

FYS REVIEW

I had a lot of fun in FYS even though it may have not seemed like it. i am very shy and i normally do not like to share my opinion with others because i have a hard time of stating my opinion they way i want it to be heard. FYS was a big change for me because i am used to taking a piece of music and breaking it down into pieces and discussing what he music is made of and who composed it and other things like that. I have never had to state my opinion about a piece of music or say what i thought about it. I enjoyed having to the presentation because it made me learn more about a musician that i probably would never have learned about other wise. I enjoyed all the jamboree stuff as well. The books that we had to read were very interesting. I especially found it interesting about the African American murdering the white family and i still cannot figure out why he killed them and why it was put in the book. I don't see how it relates to the music. i did enjoy reading the books and i learned a lot about music and musicians from reading both books. I would have to say that the three women part was my favorite in the country book. I also enjoyed the country book better than the blues book because for me it was a faster read. I also learned that i like older kind of music as much as i like newer music. I enjoyed listening to all the different kinds of music and i would have to say that my favorite performer to listen to was Muddy Waters and then when i researched on his son i thought that he was just as good as his dad and i have now downloaded some of Big Bill Morganfield's music because i really liked it. I thought that the best part of the class was the kazoos because it was something different and fun!!! If i had to pick FYS again i would pick Music Roots again because it was a lot of fun and a class that i learned a lot from!

No comments: